Accrington Corporation Steam Tramways



Owner Accrington Corporation Steam Tramways Company
Took over (operation) 5th April 1886 - newly opened lines built by Accrington Corporation [steam]
Took over (operation) 22nd August 1887 - newly opened lines built by Haslingden Corporation
Taken over 20th September 1907 (Accrington Corporation) - engines, trailers and assets necessary to work Accrington Corporation-owned lines
Operator (under contract) ACSTCo
Last steam service 31st December 1907
Taken over 1st January 1908 (Haslingden Corporation) - engines, trailers and assets necessary to work Haslingden Corporation-owned lines
Taken over 1st January 1908 (Rawtenstall Corporation) - track within the municipal boundary, and the engines, trailers and assets necessary to work it
Length 9.45 miles (circa 5 miles owned by Accrington; 2.9 miles owned by Haslingden; and circa 1.5 miles owned by the company in Rawtenstall)
Gauge 4ft 0ins

Button description
Pattern of button unknown

Comment
Photographs suggest that conductors wore uniform jackets (see link); however, given that specific buttons have yet come to light, it seems likely that they were either unmarked, or possibly, that they bore a monogram or device which renders them difficult to identify.

Despite the name, 'Accrington Corporation Steam Tramways Company' was actually an independent company with no connection to Accrington Corporation, other than the leasing arrangement.