Burton-upon-Trent Corporation Tramways



Owner Burton-upon-Trent Corporation
Opened
3rd August 1903 (electric)
Operator Burton-upon-Trent Corporation
Name changed August 1929 - to Burton-upon-Trent Corporation Transport
Closed 31st December 1929
Length 6.66 miles
Gauge 3ft 6ins

Button description
Title ('Burton on Trent Corporation Tramways') surrounding arms (shield with river waves, a spread-eagle and two fleur de lys, surmounted by a crown) all above motto: 'Honor Alit Artes' (Honour fosters the arts)
Materials known Brass
Button Line reference [113/19]

Comment The waves on the shield symbolise the Rivers Trent and Dove

Given the department was only renamed in August 1929, barely 5 months prior to the demise of the tramway, it is highly unlikely that tramway staff would have been issued with new uniforms bearing 'Burton-on-Trent Corporation Transport' buttons