Barking Town UDC Tramways / Light Railway



Owner Barking Town Urban District Council
Opened 1st December 1903 (electric)
Operator Barking Town Urban District Council
Taken over (operation) 7th June 1905 (Ilford Council Tramways) - lease of newly constructed BTUDCT line from Longbridge Rd to Loxford Bridge
Taken over (operation) 17th November 1905 (East Ham Tramways; worked jointly with West Ham Tramways) - lease of newly constructed BTUDCT line from East Ham boundary to Barking Station
Took over (operation) 1st October 1907 - Longbridge Rd to Loxford Bridge line previously leased to Ilford Council Tramways
Taken over (operation) 17th October 1910 (EHT, WHT and BTUDCT joint service) - Loxford Bridge to Poplar
Taken over (operation) 20th October 1912 (London County Council Tramways, EHT, WHT and BTUDCT joint service) - Loxford Bridge to Aldgate
Taken over (operation) 1st June 1914 - Loxford Bridge to Barking Broadway line
Operator (lessee) ICT
Taken over (operation) 1st June 1914 - Barking Broadway to Lodnon Rd line
Operator (lessee) WHT
Withdrawn 16th February 1929 - remaining services operated by BTUDCT (Broadway to Beckton)
Taken over 1st July 1933 (London Transport) - lines previously leased to East Ham and Ilford Council Tramways
Length 1.6 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Title ('Barking Town UDC Tramways') within a border, surrounding a depiction of the Firebell Gate
Materials known Brass
Button Line reference [None]

Comment
The above button is virtually identical in form to the cap badge (see link).