Aberdare Urban District Council Tramways



Owner Aberdare Urban District Council
Opened 9th October 1913 (electric)
Operator Aberdare Urban District Council
Name changed 1930 (to Aberdare Council Transport
Closed 1st April 1935
Length 5.77 miles
Gauge 3ft 6ins

Button description (Pattern 1) Title (‘ABERDARE TRAMWAYS’) surrounding a monogram of interwoven system initials, ‘ACT'.
Materials known Nickel
Button Line reference [113/3]

Button description (Pattern 2) Title (‘ABERDARE TRANSPORT’) surrounding a monogram of interwoven system initials, ‘ACT'.
Materials known Nickel
Button Line reference [None]

Comment The council's 'Electricity and Tramways Committee', which dealt with tramway matters, was renamed the 'Electricity and Transport Committee' in 1930; it is possible that this change was soon reflected across the undertaking as a whole, and that new uniform issues (to both tramwaymen and busmen) after this date may well have borne the Pattern 2 button.