Chesterfield Corporation Tramways



Owner Chesterfield Corporation
Took over 22nd November 1897 (Chesterfield Tramways Company [horse])
Operator Chesterfield Corporation
Last horse service 19th December 1904
First electric service 20th December 1904
Closed 23rd May 1927
Length 3.6 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Plain with scalloped rim
Materials used Brass or nickel
Button Line reference [None]

Comment Surviving photographs (see link) clearly show that staff wore plain buttons with a scalloped rim. It is unclear what material was used (nickel or brass), chrome being the material of choice after the demise of the tramway, during the Chesterfield Corporation Transport era, the undertaking being renamed in 1928.