Warrington Corporation Tramways



Owner Warrington Corporation
Opened 21st April 1902 (electric)
Operator Warrington Corporation
Name changed April 1935 to Warrington Corporation Transport
Closed 28th August 1935
Length 6.84 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Title (‘Warrington Corporation Tramways') surrounding arms (shield with 6 lions, surmounted by helmet, foliage and a unicorn with sword), all above the motto: ‘Deus Dat Incrementum’ (God giveth the increase)
Materials known Brass; chrome
Button Line reference [114/74]

Comment The name of the municipal undertaking was only changed to 'Warrington Corporation Transport' four months before the demise of the tramway; it is therefore extremely unlikely that tramcar staff would have been issued with uniforms bearing 'Warrington Corporation Transport' buttons.