Wallasey Horse Tramways



Owner Wallasey Local Board (the tracks only)
Opened 28th June 1879 (horse)
Operator Wallasey Tramways Company
Company change March 1892 - WTCo became a limited company
Amalgamated 8th May 1891 (with the Seacombe and New Brighton Omnibus Company to form the Wallasey United Tramway and Omnibus Company Ltd)
Taken over 1st April 1901 (Wallasey Urban District Council)
Operator Wallasey Urban District Council
Closed 19th March 1902
Length
3.33 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Uniforms probably not worn

Comments Surviving photographs indicate that conductors were issued with overcoats, but probably not jackets (see link), so it seems probable that marked buttons never existed - certainly none has yet come to light.