Kilmarnock Corporation Tramways

Owner Kilmarnock Corporation
Opened 10th December 1904 (electric)
Operator Kilmarnock Corporation
Closed 3rd May 1926
Length 4.24 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Title (‘KILMARNOCK CORPORATION TRAMWAYS’) within a border, surrounding the municipal arms (a shield with horizontal chequered band) with a hand crest with crest motto ('CONFIDO) and, squirrel supporters, all above motto: 'VIRTUTE ET INDUSTRIA'
Materials used Brass
Button Line reference [113/37]

Comment The coat of arms are those of the Town of Kilmarnock (unofficial), being the arms of the Earls of Kilmarnock (the Boyd Family)

The municipal tramway undertaking was always referred to as 'Kilmarnock Corporation Tramways', tramcars carrying this legend throughout the lifetime of the system. Tramcar staff were therefore only ever issued with uniforms bearing 'Kilmarnock Corporation Tramways' buttons.